Thursday, February 28, 2013

Stretch Lace or Knit Headband Tutorial

 I often get questions on where Emmaline gets her cutie tootie headbands and bows.

 
Well, I MAKE all of them. Surprised?

You can make them too! You don't even need a hot glue gun, needle/thread for this simple little trick!
 
If you can use scissors and measure- YOU can do this.

All you need is:
- Stretch lace or very stretchy knit. I got mine at my favorite fabric store. Or you can just pick up some very stretchy knit at Hobby Lobby, or Joanns. The possibilities are endless. Stripes, polka dots, every color. - and almost no work from Mamma!
- Scissors
- Your baby girl 
 
HERE WE GO!


 
All you need to do is take your fabric, (in this case I used a stretchy hot pink lace fabric and a very stretchy red knit I had on hand. 

Cut a piece about 1/2" (make this wider if you want the headband part to be thicker) by 21 or 22 inches. I have a 9 month old so I used 22.
 
 
These are my measurements:
BUT
you can ways make it shorter so just go up an inch or two if you are worried when cutting into your fabric.
 
 I totally understand wanting to make SURE your measurement is correct. Sometimes this FABRIC stuff is expensive!!
You can also make it longer simply because babies just grow!! Right? OR, better yet, make it longer if you want a bigger bow!

What I am showing you will make a cute little knot type bow.

I would make it:
  20"  x 1 1/2" - newborn
21"  x 1 1/2"- 3 months
22" x 1 1/2" - 6 months
23" x 1 1/2"- 9 months
24"x 1 1/2"-12 months
  
Then take it to your baby- I couldn't hold Emmie and take this shot at the same time but just take your strip and wrap it around her head loosely- and tie it in a knot! NOT TOO TIGHT. Loose but fitting.

 
When you are done, it will look like this:
 
 
Isn't it adorable? Easier than, easy peasy- just plain CRAZY EASY!


 
SO ADORABLE

 
Now go get your knit and do it again!

 

 

BYE FOR TODAY!

  
DO NOT COPY OR REDISTRIBUTE THIS TUTORIAL OR PHOTOGRAPHS CONTAINED IN THIS POST IN ANYWAY.
FOR PERSONAL USE
COPYRIGHT 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment